Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wedding gift

Hi everyone, 

This new miniature is a wedding gift, it has the bride and groom names on top and pictures of them on the sides.

Although I've been paying far too much attention to the royal wedding to come in England (I'm fond of princess stuff), here for the first time I created a setting without looking much into wedding things or miniature books for inspiration, so the result is a bit strange with an Art Deco touch, I think. The whole design was created around this idea of including an inside window or see-through wall.
The wedding dress comes from a beautiful piece of fabric my friend Adèle gave me, (thanks, as you said, I found a use for it !!!).
The invitations on the bench replicate the real ones, and the bouquet was sculpted in polymer clay.
The lamp was made from a vintage earring and long pearls and the picture on the wall comes from a 1940's magazine .
The sort of window on the back is an empty Ralph Lauren perfume bottle and the structure that holds it also hides the batteries for the lighting. The wedding cake was sculpted in FIMO ® and the bride and groom on top come from a scale model supplier, but I had to paint the bride's dress in white (it was bright red). 
bench with wedding bouquet and invitations























3 comments:

  1. Hi Juliette,

    It's a very nice an beautiful work.
    Congratulations and one thousand of kisses !

    Eric & Valérie (Toulouse)

    ReplyDelete
  2. enhorabuena por el superblog!
    sería tu seguidora nº1 si supiera cómo hacerlo... :)
    besos!

    ReplyDelete