Monday, July 11, 2011

Cosy library and glasshouse

Hi everyone ! 

I know, I can't pretend to become a famous miniaturist blogger if I don't upload stuff often... Well, you know, busy life and everything else.
My last work is a present for an amazing grandpa who had and has a wonderfull life and family and who just turned 80. He is fond of reading, travelling and gardening, and since it was pretty difficult to combine those two passions in one setting, I decided to separate them in two different spaces. 
This time I was in quite a hurry so I used some ready-made things, such as the bookcase -which I varnished though-, the plane, and in the glasshouse, the cage, some plant pots and the basket. I was lucky to find some wonderfull printies for the books and antique maps from fellow bloggers and miniatures websites, such as printmini.com and miniaturama, so thank you so much !!!. For the lamp, I used my Hermes perfume's cap !!!! (well, minis require some sacrifices don't they). The tray on the table comes from a chilean classic : Anilinas MontBlanc. The seeds come from printables I got in Paris at Pain d'Epices, gardening tools and plants are made of wood and FIMO. The ivy on the window is made of small leaves cut in magazines with a special scrapbooking tool. The bag of soil reads "tierra de hojas Don Guille". 








2 comments:

  1. Hola Juliette !
    Je suis impressionnée par ces créations ! Je viens de découvrir ton blog grâce au lien que tu m'as envoyé et je suis super fan ! C'est vraiment magnifique et si soigné ! Ca te ressemble vraiment je trouve. Continue de nous émerveiller avec de nouveaux travaux.
    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would loved to be that grandpa. A lovelly girl just creating something relaeted intimately to his own private world.
    Love-Li!

    ReplyDelete